The ANU Design Unit 1954- 1977, Design Awareness in the Modern University

ANU Heritage

Regular price $38.00

The ANU Design Unit was first established in 1954 to design and manufacture furniture for a steadily growing Australian National University.

From 1962 ahead of a rapid expansion of the campus, the Design Unit, under the helm of Derek Wrigley as University Designer and Architect, embraced a concept of ‘total integrated design’. This vision proposed a cohesive approach to architecture, urban planning, furniture, interiors, landscaping and graphic design across the campus’ learning and research environment.